What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information from you when you provide it to us directly, such as when you create an account, fill out a form, send us an email, or request information. The types of information we collect may include your name, email address, or mailing address. If you subscribe to TypeRocket Pro, payment information will be collected by a third-party vendor that is PCI-DSS compliant.
Information We Collect Automatically
You can browse our Websites anonymously. However, we automatically collect non-identifying usage information from all certain non-identifying information is collected from all visitors to our Websites. Usage information may include your IP address or other unique device identifier, web browser and operating system; the date and time of your visit; the pages from which you navigate to and from our Websites or the search terms that lead you to our Websites; and the pages on our Websites you visit and how long you are on each page.
Information Collected by Third Parties
When you visit our Websites, third parties may be able to gather information from and about you. The collection and use of information by third parties is governed by their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours.
How We Use Your Information
- To administer, operate, and improve our Websites and our Services (we continually strive to improve our Website offerings and Services based on information and feedback we receive from our users);
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To respond to an email, inquiry, or request from you (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs);
- To process a transaction;
- To send periodic emails providing you with information you request or that we think may be of interest to you (you may opt out of such communications at any time by following the instructions in each communication);
- To enable trusted third-party service providers to help us provide, improve, protect, and promote our Websites and Services;
- To prevent fraud and to ensure the safety and security of our Websites and Services; or
- To comply with a legal obligation, such as responding to a subpoena or a court order, or to protect our rights.
In addition, we may disclose your information, including your personally identifying information, as part of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, in which information about our users may be treated as a business asset..
Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them. However, refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude your use of our Websites. You can learn more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Information for California Residents
Under the California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”), you may have the right to request and receive certain information about a company’s disclosure of your personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing use, and your choices with respect to such disclosures. Because we do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing use unless you are first given the opportunity to opt-in or out, we are exempt from this requirement.
If you have registered an account with TypeRocket.com, you can update your personal information from within your account.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) imposes certain disclosure requirements on companies doing business in California that meet certain statutory thresholds. Because we do not meet any of those thresholds, the CCPA does not apply to us or our Websites.
“Do Not Track”
“Do Not Track”(DNT) is a setting available in most web browsers that asks a web application to disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. There is currently no consensus yet on how companies should respond to DNT signals. At this time, we do not respond to DNT signals. You can learn more about Do Not Track by visiting https://allaboutdnt.com.
Our Websites are not directed to children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 16, either directly or via any other website or online service. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Residents of the EEA, UK, and Switzerland
Our principal place of business is in the United States. By using our Websites or Services, you expressly consent to your information being processed in the United States.
Our Legal Basis for Processing
Generally, we rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal information. For example, we rely on this legal ground if we use your personal information to manage and administer our relationship with you; to deliver and improve our Websites and Services; to personalize your experience on our Websites; and, when necessary, to protect or defend our or another’s rights or property, or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, safety or privacy issues. In addition, there may be situations where other grounds for processing may exist, such as when you consent to our processing your personal information to complete a transaction.
- Right of Access/Portability: You can ask to review details about the information we hold about you and how that information has been used and disclosed. Note that we may request to verify your identification before fulfilling your request. You can also request that your personal information is provided to you in a commonly used electronic format so that you can share it with other organizations.
- Right to Correct Information: You may ask that we make corrections to any information we hold, if you believe such correction to be necessary.
- Right to Restrict Processing or to Request Erasure of Information: You also have the right in certain circumstances to ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or to erase your personal information. Where you have consented to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address provided under “Contact Us.”
Changes to this Policy
We may occasionally update this Policy. When we do, we will also revise the “last updated” date at the beginning of the Policy. By continuing to use our Websites after such updates, you are agreeing to the terms of the then-current Policy. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information.
2123 Old Spartanburg Rd PMB 305
Greer, SC 29650